Thanks to my viewers on Youtube.
Josephine's Recipes just reached over 10,000 Subscribers!
I really appreciate all of the support and have given to me and
I hope to provide the best yummy easy recipes for you guys.
My favorite afternoon tea now is a cup of coffee with
a delicious chocolate cake roll and I believe it'll be enjoyable for everyone.
For the cake:
Ingredients (A) Egg yolks:
• 4 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 55ml whole milk
• 2 tbsp corn oil
• ½ cup cake flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
Ingredients (B) Egg whites:
• 4 egg whites
• ¼ tsp cream of tartar
• 4 tbsp sugar
For the Filling:
Whole Earth Dark Chocolate Spread
Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate
70% Cocoa (100g)
Some caramel with a spoon and drizzle it onto the sheet in whatever shape you like — hearts, zigzags, you name it. The caramel should be the consistency of thick syrup and run off the spoon in a long strand rather than in short drips.
1. In a large bowl, add 4 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder,
2 tbsp corn oil and Stir until well combined.
Sift in the ½ cup of cake flour and 1 tsp baking powder into the egg yolk mixture.
Stir until smooth and Set aside.
2. Use a large clean bowl, add 4 egg whites,
beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until barmy.
Add ½ cream of tartar, continue beating for a few seconds.
Add 1 tbsp sugar for 4 times, beat them to half solid until stiff peaks form.
it will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Gently fold the egg yolks mixture into the whipped egg whites
until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Grease and line a 33cm x 23cm prepared tin with baking parchment.
Gently pour the batter into the tin and spread with a spatula so the base
of the tin is evenly covered then bang it on the work surface a few times
to expel any large air pockets.
5. Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 170°c.
Bake for 15 minutes or until well-risen, golden-brown and firm to the touch.
Carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
6. Using the parchment paper, Sprinkle some cocoa powder,
Once the cake is cool, remove the lining, place the cake on a piece of parchment paper.
Spread the dark chocolate.
7. Slowly roll the cake up from one of the short ends
and refrigerate for 30 minutes to make a good round shape.
8. To make the decorations,
Put dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and
gently melt over a saucepan of simmering water
(Melt with a Double-Boiler).
Leave to cool and thicken a little,
then pour the melted dark chocolate into the piping bag.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut out the unpretty roll.
When ready to spread then snip a small hole in one corner.
Spread the dark chocolate cream on top layering around,
Repeat with the remaining if desired and Decorate with fresh cherries
if you have some.
Cut each roll into 5 equal pieces.
Enjoy and Happy Baking!
1. If you want to peel off the cake skin
then do not sprinkle cocoa powder before rolling the cake.
2. Simply place the fresh egg in your fridge,
room temperature eggs will whip easier.
3. Beating egg whites is a very important process,
it will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
4. Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top
starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
5. Please understand that everyone's oven works differently.
You should also check the temperature of your oven.
if not, your cake won't rise as well.