First of all, Thanks Paul for taking the time to teach us
How to Make ''Traditional Toffee Deep Fried Bananas'',
A very popular Chinese dessert.
Yet, It’s surprisingly rich and wonderful treat,
You can use Sweet Potatoes and Apple as well.
Then dipped in Toffee and left to set.
They're perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside .
Servings: 4 - 6
4 large bananas
½ cup self raising flour
½ cup cold water
½ tbsp oil
2 tbsp oil
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, Add ½ cup self raising flour and ½ cup cold water.
Use a chopstick to mix till smooth and combine with ½ tbsp oil
and Continue beating until fluffy.
2. Heat up oil in a large pan to 180°C.
Peel bananas and cut each banana into six,
then dip into the batter, lift them out one at a time,
tap off the excess batter and put them into the hot oil.
3. Fry for a few minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Lift them out right away and drain on rack.
Normally, the second time you deep-fry them is to get extra crispy.
4. Meanwhile, Heat 2 tbsp oil, and melt ½ cup sugar in a pan.
Keep stirring until the sugar bubble rapidly, until the liquid begins to colour.
5. Remove from the heat and be careful dip the fried banana pieces
into the hot sugar syrup to coat them thoroughly.
Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds, Stir well.
Then place on rack to set or dip in a ice cold water for 2 seconds to harden the toffee.
6. Serve the Toffee Bananas when set but still warm,
with ice cream, if preferred.