Makes 2 Layers
(A) Egg yolks:
• 3 egg yolks
• 2 tbsps sugar
• 2 tbsps milk powder
• 55ml fresh milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsps corn oil
• ½ cup cake flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
(B) Egg whites:
• 5 egg whites
• ¼ tsp cream of tartar
• 4 tbsps sugar
Tesco British Extra Thick Fresh Double Cream
(Sugar added if desired)
Del Monte Fruit Cocktail in Juice
1) In a large bowl, add egg yolks, sugar, milk powder, corn oil, vanilla extract and Stir until well combined. Sift in the cake flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture. Stir until smooth and Set aside.
2) Use a large clean bowl, add egg whites, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until barmy, Add cream of tartar, continue beating for a few seconds. Add sugar for 4 times, beat them to half solid until stiff peaks form.
3) Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolks mixture until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4) Gently pour the batter into your flan cases then '' bang '' it on the work surface a few times to
expel any large air pockets.
5) Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 150°c. Bake for 25 minutes or until well-risen, golden-brown and firm to the touch. Carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
6) In the meantime whip the double cream until fluffy. Refrigerate it before using if needed.
7) Once the cake is cool, remove the cake from the cases. Spread the fresh cream and place some mixed fruit. Refrigerate it before using if needed. Decorate with fresh fruits on top, as you desired.
This time '' extra '' 2 egg whites, it will make the cake extra fluffy, soft like cotton. Leftover egg yolks is always the best to make perfect egg fried rice.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk