The smell of my hometown, freshly baked and heavenly milk chiffon cake are super soft, fluffy and light in texture with a beautiful light yellow colour. It has a moist texture that is topped with a rich and creamy pudding like. Paul and I love the appearance of one meringue on top of each serving, now brings back childhood memories flooding back.
Just follow this step-by-step instructional video, carefully and make your own Happiness is Homemade. You'll be rewarded with comforting, super soft, fluffy and tasty milk and vanilla flavour. Smile. Cook. Eat. Love » be delicious! Create more happiness in our life, All my recipes have been tested & made many times at home. I hope can bring you happiness and everything you want to taste the Yummy!
Makes 22 cupcakes
Ingredients (A) Egg yolks:
• 3 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp milk powder
• 55ml fresh milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp corn oil
• ½ cup cake flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
Ingredients (B) Egg whites:
• 6 egg whites
• ½ tsp cream of tartar
• 8 tbsp sugar
#Half whipped egg whites is mix with the ''Egg yolk mixtures''.
then another half use for '' Meringue Topping ''.
See video #1:59 #2:45
1) In a large bowl, add 3 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp milk powder, 55ml fresh milk, 2 tbsp corn oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract and Stir until well combined. Sift in the ½ cup of cake flour and 1 tsp baking powder into the egg yolk mixture. Stir until smooth and Set aside.
2) Use a large clean bowl, add 6 egg whites, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until barmy, add ½ cream of tartar, continue beating for a few seconds. Add 2 tbsp sugar for 4 times, beat them to half solid until stiff peaks form. it will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Gently fold more than half of the whipped egg whites into the egg yolks mixture until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Now you have another less then half of the whipped egg whites,
then place it in the freezer. Since they've been in the freezer, we obviously need to cool them up.
4) Grease cupcakes lining before pouring the cupcakes batter. Gently pour the 2 tbsp of batter for each cupcake, then bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
5) Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 150°c, Bake for 15 minutes, the bottoms of the cakes will stay a pudding like consistency, Carefully remove from the oven.
6) Take the whipped egg whites out of the fridge to using them, Spreading the meringue over the top on each cupcake. Bake until the tops appear golden, about 8 minutes. Let it cool then transfer to a large wire rack to cool.
1) Simply place the fresh egg in your fridge, cold eggs whites will whip easier.
2) Beating egg whites is a very important process, it will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
3) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven works differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise as well.
5) This dessert tastes best on the day it is made.