Where can you buy pandan leaves in the UK?
It must have been really expensive to buy it here.
http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/fresh-pandan-leaves-rampescrewpinepandanus-pack-of-10-strips-1575-p.asp Everywhere is expensive to buy pandan leaves & I've only found this online store that sells it £2.99 Fresh Pandan Leaves (pack of 10 strips) and economy delivery £3.29. Pandan Leaf has delivered truly awesome Thai every time we've ordered from them, the delivery is always extremely quick!
The smell of my hometown freshly baked pandan chiffon cake
are soft, fluffy and light in texture with a beautiful green colour.
I love that smell so much and taste heavenly,
now brings back childhood memories flooding back
and brewed coffee bring back good memories for me.
This is one of my favorite snacks from my childhood.
Since My dad used to take me to Kopi-O Coffee Shop
to get pandan chiffon cake and yum cha (afternoon tea)
when I was younger in every weekend without fail.
Just follow this step-by-step instructional video
carefully and make your own Happiness is Homemade.
You'll be rewarded with comforting,
super soft, fluffy and tasty pandan & coconut flavour.
Smile. Cook. Eat. Love » be delicious!
Create more happiness in our life
All my recipes have been tested & made many times at home.
I hope can bring you happiness
and everything you want to taste the Yummy!
Now, Lets Get Started!
First, Prepare Set of 2 mini non stick loaf tins
13.5 x 7.6 x 2.9cm h 0.4mm
Ingredients (A) Egg yolks:
• 3 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1 x 50g creamed coconut sachets
(simply melt by immersing the unopened
sachet in hot water before adding)
• ½ cup cake flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 10 pandan leaves, fresh or frozen
• 120ml (4 ½ tbsp) fresh or pure coconut milk
Ingredients (B) Egg whites:
• 3 egg whites
• ¼ tsp cream of tartar
• 4 tbsp sugar
Preheat oven at 170c.
Grease and line a cake tins with baking parchment.
1. How to make fresh concentrated coconut & pandan juice
Wash and rinse the pandan leaves with clean, cold, running water.
Using scissors, cut the pandan leaves into small pieces.
Add the pandan leaves into a blender.
The process of breaking the leaves into a finely textured substance,
mixing with 120ml coconut milk, then you'll need a fine strainer
/ sieve or cheese cloth to drain.
You will achieve 55ml (2 ½ tbsp) beautiful & fragrant natural green extract.
2. In a large bowl, add 3 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 x 50g creamed coconut sachets.
Stir until well combined. Mix with 55ml (2 ½ tbsp) concentrated coconut & Pandan iuice.
Sift in the ½ cup of cake flour and 1 tsp baking powder into the egg yolk mixture.
Stir until smooth and Set aside.
3. Use a large clean bowl, Add 3 egg whites,
Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until barmy,
Add ¼ cream of tartar, continue beating for a few seconds,
Add 1 tbsp sugar for 4 times, beat them to half solid until stiff peaks form.
it will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Fold in the egg yolks batter to egg whites and mix throughly with your spatula,
stir lightly until everything is well combined.
4. Gently pour the mixture into your cake tins,
then bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
5. Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 170°c,
Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
A chopstick comes out clean when inserted in the middle, its not sticky.
Remove from the oven, let it cool in the tins for 10 mins,
then transfer to a large wire rack and peel off the parchment.
Serve and Enjoy! Happy Baking
1. Simply place the fresh egg in your fridge, It will whip easier.
2. Beating egg whites is a very important process, it will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
3. Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
4. You can use green food colouring instead but the cake will look a bit fake and tasteless.
5. Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of
your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.