This drunken prawns dish is one of my favourite. Sometimes, I love to add DOM Benedictine instead of Chinese rice wine, but Paul says that the alcohol was too strong aroma, he always asked me to make with Sherry or Chinese rice wine instead. It is very easy homemade Chinese dish and surprisingly tasty, and finger licking good! Usually when I go out to eat with Paul, I serve drunken prawns dish and cold beer, it can be pretty expensive in the restaurant, on their menus that could triples the price of the meal but if you're making them at home, you can save a lot of money.
12 king prawns
1 spring onions (garnish)
1 red chilli (garnish)
1 tsp rock sugar
1 tsp chinese wolfberries
slices of ginger
½ cup sherry / chinese rice wine / DOM Benedictine
You can choose your favourite wines
Pre-heat oven at 200°C.
1) Rinse the prawns and arrange to an oven proof serving dish.
2) Prepare a glass, add: 1 tsp rock sugar, 1 tsp chinese wolfberries, slices of ginger, and ½ cup Chinese rice wine. Using aluminium foil to cover your dish.
3) Pour the sauce mixture over the prawns and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or till the shells turn bright red.
4) Remove and serve immediately. Garnish with the spring onions and red chilli before serving.
1) You can be steamed as well as baked. Cover and steam until as tender as you like (about 8 minutes).
2) It's perfect to serve with steamed rice or snacks is almost always enjoyed with a cold beer.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk