Just follow this step-by-step instructional video carefully and make your own Happiness is Homemade. You'll be rewarded with comforting, super soft, fluffy, chewy and tasty Chinese steamed buns.Smile. Cook. Eat. Love » be delicious!
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp instant dry yeast
(Allinson Easy Bake Yeast)
1 cup warm milk (250ml)
should be under 38°c
1) Pour a glass of cold milk and put the milk in a microwave to heat it up about 26 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon of yeast and sugar mix well, sit in the oven (26°c degrees) for about 20 minutes or until bubbles arise. (should be under 38°c)
2) In a large bowl, add 2 cups plain flour, 3 teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoon oil, Add the (1) yeast mixture to the flour and mix together with your spoon.
3)Transfer the soft and sticky dough on a clean, floured work surface, then knead well for 5 minutes. covered with a plastic wrap and wet clothes. The fermentation usually takes about an hour, Winter time is should be takes more longer. the dough should rise until it is puffy, and double or triple in sized.
4) Sprinkle some flour on the board surface so the dough won't be sticky and stuck when you knead it. Cut into 5 pieces, like a snail for each. Place on a greased baking sheet and turn up the edges of the base. Transfer to a steamer, covered for 5 minutes. Add cold water into steamer, steam buns over medium-high heat for 20 minutes rest another 5 minutes.
1) Everyone's microwave is different. PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOUR MICROWAVE!
2) The video 1:09 ''Covered with a plastic wrap & wet clothes''. You can put the dough in the fridge for slowly fermentation and take it out in the next day and rest for at least 20 minutes before rolling.
3) For the warm milk, when you take the cold milk on your fridge, simply to put in microwave and heat for 26 to 30 seconds (Under 38°c). That is so perfect to put the yeast and sugar together and sit in the ovenshould be under 38°c for 20 minutes or until bubbles arise.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk