A traditional Chinese pancake are one of our very favourite morning treats! It’s perfect with dipping sauce and served with rice porridge, as part of dim sum as appetizers, and as street food. A great my own recipe, easy and produced A delicious traditional Chinese pancake, crisp on the outside, lovely chewy in the middle, and soft on the inside is definitely the way to go. It's amazing, though, to see the difference in texture depending on your skills. It tastes almost as good as what you get in the restaurant.
1 cup plain flour
Less ½ cup hot water
2 tbsp cold water
3 spring onion ( finely chopped )
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil or peanut oil (for frying)
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1) Wash and thinly slices onion.
2) In a large bowl, sift 1 cup of plain flour and slowly add the less ½ cup of hot water
and 2 tablespoon of cold water.
3) Use a ‘’spoon’’ knead into a sticky dough until a smooth dough ball formed for about 5 minutes.
4) In another bowl, add 2tbsp sesame oil, transfer the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with a plastic wrap for 5 minutes, now, you have a moist dough and add in 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, 3 spring onion ( finely chopped ), 1 tsp salt. combine well and set aside at least 15 minutes or more.
5) Place a ball of dough on a well floured work surface and dust the rolling pin with some plain flour as you go, roll into a thin circle, roll the pancake up from one end – (Like a sausages).
6) Cut into 5 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then roll it up like a snail, and roll each portion into a thin circle.
7) Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Carefully transfer the pancake dough onto the pan about 5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe:
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Sesame oil
½ tbsp sesame seeds
½ fresh green chili, ½ fresh red chili
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk