The pork rind was extra crispy and melt in your mouth. A lovely texture and wonderfully perfect crackling. No words can explain clearly. Woohoo! Now, You can make your own Crispy Roast Pork Belly at home.
Pork Belly ½ kg
1 tsp Five spice powder
1 tsp LeeKumKee light soy sauce
1 tsp LeeKumKee Spare Rib Sauce
1 tsp of sherry or rice wine
1) Wash pork belly. Place in a large pot and add water. Bring to a boil, cook until 7 done, about 10 minutes.
2) Take the pork belly out, Kitchen paper to thoroughly pat the skin dry, Use needles/ forks to poke the skin as many holes as possible and then Coat the skin with a teaspoon of soda, and a pinch of salt.
(This is important step to make for extra crispy).
3) Combine all in 1 tsp of five spice powder, light soy sauce, spare rib sauce and rice wine, mix well.
after then only marinate the meat but not the skin.
4) Air dry the whole pork belly openly and place in the fridge for overnight or more than 13 hours.
5) When ready to roast, Poke the skin with needles/forks evenly once again.
Preheat oven to 230 degrees
1) Coat at least 1 inch thickness of salt on the skin, will help the skin extra crispy, and golden brown.
There is still a small amount of evaporation, if you skip for this process. Bake the pork belly for 30-45 minutes at (230 degrees).
2) After take out the pork belly and get rid of the salt, put back pork belly to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes (230 degrees).
3) Reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes. Take out from oven and Place them on a chopping board. Let it cool, take a sharp knife and scrap it, along the skin to remove any burnt. skin side down. Slice a strip of pork and further cut the strip to smaller, bite-sized pieces.
For the dipping sauce:
1/3 tbsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tbsp LeeKumKee hoisin sauce
1 tbsp LeeKumKee oyster sauce
2 tbsp LeeKumKee light soy sauce
2 tbsp LeeKumKee dark soy sauce
1/3 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Sweet rice wine or (sherry wine)
1 tbsp Honey
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and you desire to adjust yourself.